Industrial Automation Sales - Austin, TX
The territory sales position covers a specified geographical area working with existing accounts as well as new account development with the objective to sell and support products and services provided by GEA of Texas.
- · Appointment scheduling through phone and email
- · Weekly face to face meetings with new and existing accounts
- · Site and application investigation
- · Problem solving
- · Listening and communication skills
- · Reliable personal transportation for customer visits outside of the office as required
- · Communication Proficiency
- · Organizational Skills
- · Mathematical Skills
- · Technical Capacity
- · Thoroughness
- · Time Management
Preferred Education and Experience
- · Minimum of two years of experience working with industrial controls
- · Knowledge of PLC,s, operator interfaces, variable frequency drives and servo systems
- · Familiarity with sensors, switches, and basic electrical circuits
- · Experience working directly with customers in person and via phone
- · Personable/professional demeanor and dress when working with customers
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some overtime may be required.
This position reports to Sales Manager and has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience with using the phone to gain face-to-face appointments.
- Experience selling higher-priced products than your competition in a highly competitive industry.
- Experience selling complex solutions.
- Must be good at prospecting and closing.
- Experience in a technical industry is preferable.
- An engineering or technical degree preferable.
- 2+ years sales experience desired.
- Experience with Contact Management Systems
- Experience with MS Office products.
Cell Phone use reimbursement
For more information contact: