To Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 05:00pm
Join us for a Intermediate PLC and HMI Class with GEA applications engineer, Richard Bay.
The PLC intermediate class starts where the basic class leaves off with sequencers expanding on the subject and alternate methods for sequential control and on to an assortment of intermediate programing topics. Then we do drag race track exercise where each class member will write the code for a drag race light controls and timers and test it out with a RC car a drag race lights on a 100’ track. From there we go to recipe management, simple motor control and then to encoder use and electric cam programing. From that point we will start HMI programming and add an HMI to our drag race PLC code. We then add telemetry, graphing data and historical data logging to the HMI program, how calculate metrics in the PLC code. and add graphics to the HMI and combine it all to finish out a really nice drag race simulator.
Prerequisite: Basic PLC Programming and instructor approval
Training $325 per person
Optional Starter Kits: $350
- CP1LEL20DTD Omron PLC, 12 inputs, 8 outputs
- S8VK-G06024 Power supply, 24VDC
- CP1W-SWB06 Input simulator/switch bank
- CP1AC120L8FT A/C power cord
- CP1L3545TBAG carrying bag
- CX-ONE-TRIAL-DVD-423 Cx-One trial software
- Introduction to PLC's - Hardware analysis and explanation
- Ladder logic: PLC programming "language"
- CX Programmer (Omron PLC programming software) - installation, description, navigation, etc.
- Basic programming & instructions: contacts, coils, set, reset, timers, counters, mathematics, etc.
- Documenting programs: Symbols, comments, naming conventions
- PLC Memory: Data memory area, Holding memory, Work memory, etc.
- Hands-On: Application specific examples where students enter and debug programs
Student that choose to bring a laptop computer will need WindowsNT, XP or 7 Operating System. The computer will also need a USB port for PLC comms and Ethernet port. If you do not have CX-Programmer 9.5 (or Cx-One 4.0) or a later revision, please let us know in advance so we can obtain a 30-day trial version of the software for your use. It is highly recommended that CX-One Trial Software is downloaded prior to attending the class. Download CX-One
REGISTER FOR EVENT