Join us for a basic Omron Sysmac training class with GEA applications engineer, Richard Bay.
Learn how to start a new project, setup a project write code, use counters and timers, how computers format numbers and Omron PLC memory layout and how to use it. Prerequisite: PLC Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
Training $225 per person
- Introduction to PLC's - Hardware analysis and explanation
- Ladder logic: PLC programming "language"
- CX Programmer (Omron PLC programming software) - installation, description, navigation, etc.
- Basic programming & instructions: contacts, coils, set, reset, timers, counters, mathematics, etc.
- Documenting programs: Symbols, comments, naming conventions
- PLC Memory: Data memory area, Holding memory, Work memory, etc.
- Hands-On: Application specific examples where students enter and debug programs
Student that choose to bring a laptop computer will need WindowsNT, XP or 7 Operating System. The computer will also need a USB port for PLC comms and Ethernet port. If you do not have CX-Programmer 9.5 (or Cx-One 4.0) or a later revision, please let us know in advance so we can obtain a 30-day trial version of the software for your use. It is highly recommended that CX-One Trial Software is downloaded prior to attending the class. Download CX-One