To Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 05:00pm
Join us for a basic Omron PLC training class with GEA applications engineer, Richard Bay.
Learn how to start a new project, setup a project write code, use counters and timers, how computers format numbers and Omron PLC memory layout and how to use it. Prerequisite: PLC Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
Training $225 per person
Optional Starter Kits: $350
- CP1LEL20DTD Omron PLC, 12 inputs, 8 outputs
- S8VK-G06024 Power supply, 24VDC
- CP1W-SWB06 Input simulator/switch bank
- CP1AC120L8FT A/C power cord
- CP1L3545TBAG carrying bag
- CX-ONE-TRIAL-DVD-423 Cx-One trial software
- Introduction to PLC's - Hardware analysis and explanation
- Ladder logic: PLC programming "language"
- CX Programmer (Omron PLC programming software) - installation, description, navigation, etc.
- Basic programming & instructions: contacts, coils, set, reset, timers, counters, mathematics, etc.
- Documenting programs: Symbols, comments, naming conventions
- PLC Memory: Data memory area, Holding memory, Work memory, etc.
- Hands-On: Application specific examples where students enter and debug programs
Student that choose to bring a laptop computer will need WindowsNT, XP or 7 Operating System. The computer will also need a USB port for PLC comms and Ethernet port. If you do not have CX-Programmer 9.5 (or Cx-One 4.0) or a later revision, please let us know in advance so we can obtain a 30-day trial version of the software for your use. It is highly recommended that CX-One Trial Software is downloaded prior to attending the class. Download CX-One